Former USTA National Coach Martin van Daalen has written a comprehensive new tennis instructional book, Teaching Tennis. The book is geared for players, coaches and parents to learn about the basics of tennis, how to teach tennis and how to solve problems concerning all aspects of the game.
It is easy to read and is a great first step for coaches to improve their knowledge and teaching skills when working with players. It illustrates all aspects of teaching and coaching in progression. Topics include:
• Showing the fundamentals of the game
• A methodology and progression to teaching tennis
• Technical, Tactical, Physical and Mental chapters
• Information on all other aspects of the game
• Examples of the strokes with photo sequences
• How to make a training and tournament plan
• Common mistakes and how to fix them
• Extensive section on problem solving
• Drills and exercises
Martin van Daalen has been coaching for over thirty-five years. After becoming a National Coach and Director of Coaching in the Netherlands, he worked for a long period of time with top juniors and professional tennis players in the US. As a National coach, working for the USTA, he has helped develop many top juniors and professionals on the tour today.
A definite must read for any tennis enthusiast who is a student of the game. And if the information from this top coach isn't enough, the book is full of photos of the world's top tennis players when they were youngsters starting out. That makes it worth the cover price right there!
Available online at Amazon.com.